This week dinner idea is a take on your regular chicken breast!
Chicken Marsala with mushrooms over garlic mashed potatoes
Let the cooking begin… But first here are the ingredients for your dish
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced*
salt and pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
1½ cups sliced mushrooms
½ cup Marsala wine** see note
½ cup chicken broth
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon ground mustard
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Fresh Chopped Parsley for garnish
- In a large skillet over medium heat add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the pan. Add the chicken and lightly salt and pepper. Cook until lightly brown and cooked throughout. Remove chicken and set aside on plate.
- Add 1 Tablespoon olive oil and sauté the mushrooms for 1-2 minutes. Add marsala wine and bring to a boil over medium high heat for 1-2 minutes. This allows the alcohol to burn out. Add the chicken broth, heavy whipping cream, ground mustard, and garlic powder. Bring to a boil and reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes or until it starts to thicken. Place chicken back in the sauce and continue to simmer for about 1-2 minutes.
Recipe by- recipe critic
Preparation and Food By Smarty Marty
We are excited to share clips from our Portfolio & Perspective Style Shoot workshop!
This event brought together event planners (stylist) and photographers providing each attendee with physical portfolio and digital images to assist in marketing to their idea client.
So once you have this portfolio what to do next well we were excited that
Helena Paschal – Correlations LLC & Helena Motivates & Vanessa Parker (The Pink Boss)- both discuss best business practices, marketing, and branding for your business.
Anthony James- Head Caterer of Aj’s Catering Atlanta spoke on the journey to walk in his passion.
Next Event September 2018!
Labor Day True Confessions: “It’s All Good until It’s time to do the Work” – I love planning thinking & creating and so much more… I have notebooks filled with ideas on top of ideas!!! It’s so much fun to even plan every detail in my imagination… and then it’s time to put your thoughts in motion and that’s when the real work begins… and those ideas stay tucked away in the beautiful inspiring notebook that I have so many of…. Then there are days that I’m reminded.. you then have a choice is this going to be a figment of my imagination or we going to make this real by putting in the work… Here’s to Making small steps to the bigger picture!
Reading Books can most definitely change how your feeling. I love how Christina Paschal explained at the recent Pretty Girls Read Book Club Meeting how Books are magic Take a look here!
Learn more about Pretty Girls Read Book club at http://www.prettygirlsread.com
Spreading a little Sunshine your way!
Captured: Las Vegas, NV New York New York
We are so excited about our up and coming Portfolio & Perspective Workshop! Over the weekend we announced our location. This perfect loft studio with amazing natural light has our mind going over board with all the creative possibilities!!! If you are photographer or event stylist looking to build your portfolio this interactive workshop is perfect for you!
This week meal is a classic Taco Tuesday… with Turkey and all the delicious fixings!!!
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) package ground turkey
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
Mix chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, and cayenne together in a small bowl.
Cook turkey in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, stirring to break up clumps, until no longer pink, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in chili powder mixture and water. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid has been absorbed, about 10 minutes.
Stir cider vinegar and brown sugar into the skillet. Simmer until flavors combine, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl.
Recipe from Allrecipes.com
Images and Styling by Smarty Marty