This week dinner idea is a take on your regular chicken breast!
Chicken Marsala with mushrooms over garlic mashed potatoes
Let the cooking begin… But first here are the ingredients for your dish
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced*
salt and pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
1½ cups sliced mushrooms
½ cup Marsala wine** see note
½ cup chicken broth
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon ground mustard
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Fresh Chopped Parsley for garnish
- In a large skillet over medium heat add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the pan. Add the chicken and lightly salt and pepper. Cook until lightly brown and cooked throughout. Remove chicken and set aside on plate.
- Add 1 Tablespoon olive oil and sauté the mushrooms for 1-2 minutes. Add marsala wine and bring to a boil over medium high heat for 1-2 minutes. This allows the alcohol to burn out. Add the chicken broth, heavy whipping cream, ground mustard, and garlic powder. Bring to a boil and reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes or until it starts to thicken. Place chicken back in the sauce and continue to simmer for about 1-2 minutes.
Recipe by- recipe critic
Preparation and Food By Smarty Marty
We are excited to bring you this week Foodie Tuesday recipe idea! This would be a winner for your family.
Gathering up Fresh Ingredients
1 pound ground turkey
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 large egg
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon Montreal steak spice
1 jar marinara sauce
16 slices provolone cheese
8 buns or sandwich rolls
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, mix together turkey, bread crumbs, basil, oregano, parsley, garlic salt, Parmesan cheese, egg, olive oil, and steak spice. Form meat mixture into 1-1/2″ meatballs and place on a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, or until cooked through.
Slice buns in half and place on a baking tray. Place two slices of provolone cheese on the top half of each bun. Preheat oven to broil and lightly toast buns until golden brown and cheese has melted.
Warm marinara sauce in a large saucepan over low-medium heat or in the microwave until heated through.
Top the bottom half of each toasted bun with 3-4 meatballs, cover in marinara sauce and replace the top half of each bun.
Images & Table Setting by Smarty Marty
Recipe By : http://www.sixsistersstuff.com
This week meal is a classic Taco Tuesday… with Turkey and all the delicious fixings!!!
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) package ground turkey
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
Mix chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, and cayenne together in a small bowl.
Cook turkey in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, stirring to break up clumps, until no longer pink, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in chili powder mixture and water. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid has been absorbed, about 10 minutes.
Stir cider vinegar and brown sugar into the skillet. Simmer until flavors combine, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl.
Recipe from Allrecipes.com
Images and Styling by Smarty Marty